Well, 2009 has come and gone ... and what a year it was, with Obama taking office, two trips down to Trinidad (Carnival and Christmas), biking around wine country, and Danielle applying to law school. I may need to sleep it off for the first week of 2010! The new year promises to be one of interesting transitions for us as we'll be moving somewhere new in the fall and I should wrap up my PhD.
As you may know, New Year's Eve (or Old Year's Night as it's more commonly known in Trinidad) is also my mom's birthday. This year was a big rollover in her age counter, but I won't reveal the exact number! Anyway, I was inspired to do something extra creative and the dual meaning of Dec 31 for my family provided the spark. The following is to the tune of the famous New Year's song (which I've never actually understood):
Auld Lang Birthday
Should other birthdays be forgot
and never brought to mind
We’ll never miss your special day
until the end of time
One more year rolled swiftly passed
there’s no way to rewind
So here’s to what the next year holds
may it be a year divine
No comments:
Post a Comment