Sunday, 2 March 2008

grad student blues, and avocados

Apparently, graduate student lives can be, well, too exciting in an incredibly boring way around the end of term. This week, I had 3 papers due, which means I spent a lot of time in a room that looked like this:


It may not seem particularly stimulating, but I can assure you that the adrenaline was pumping around 4.45 on Friday afternoon. The good news is that I got them done (more or less) on time; the bad news is that as a result, I don't really have very much else to report. But if you'd like to hear my thoughts on various aspects of Governance for Sustainable Development, I can give you an earful.

This weekend we took advantage of a brief 'Indian Summer' (which is what we usually call 'normal weather' in Santa Barbara) to borrow our neighbour's fruit picker and explore the possibilities of the trees in the back yard of our complex. The endeavor was quite fruitful. I know, that was a horrific pun. We'll pretend that it's Joey's fault that I now make jokes like that fairly often. Anyhoo, we're excited about the bounty we ended up with - apparently our immediate future is full of avocados and oranges.



And that, more or less, is the word on the Coast Crew for the time being.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

You have an avocado tree! I'm so ridiculously jealous. You have no idea.