Sunday, 19 June 2011

thesis defense and west coast re-visit

A little over a month ago today, when Joey defended his thesis, I went out to Santa Barbara to populate his peanut gallery. While he's been back and forth a fair amount in the year since we left, it was my first time back since the move. Turns out, Santa Barbara was more or less as I'd left it. We spent a little time downtown on the weekend, and ran into the following antique car/other vehicle show. Some photos for your viewing pleasure:






Having gotten used to the (actual changes in) weather of Massachusetts, I got a pleasant reminder of the Central Coast unfailing blue sky and constantly mild temperature.

The other highlight of the trip, after Joey's passing his thesis defense, was visiting our friends/ex-neighbors Rachel and James, and their little boy Logan. Logan is quite familiar with Joey, who's had babysitting duty on some of his trips, but this was my first time meeting him. As you can see, he's adorable and very inquisitive!


It was a lovely trip, and I definitely enjoyed seeing friends and visiting old haunts. Hopefully we'll make it back to see them all again before long.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: